Nestled under the canopy of trees, Hwange Bush Camp caters for a maximum of twelve guests in six spacious and tastefully decorated twin bedded Meru tents, each with private en-suite facilities including flush toilets and a bush shower with hot water being made available on request. The shady lounge and dining area is the focal point of the camp, tastefully decorated with rustic hints of old world colonial charm, reminiscent of those enjoyed by early explorers to the continent. Our bush camp kitchen provides delicious meals cooked on a wood burning stove, and with advance notification, our qualified chefs are happy to cater to guests dietary requirements. The camp runs on solar with charging stations for recharging camera and laptops etc.
The tents offer a high level of comfort for an authentic tented camp. En suite bathroom areas provide wardrobe, flushing toilets, cold running water in the handbasins and hot water is provided in the bucket showers on request. The fans and lights run on solar generated power and are on 24 hours.
The lounge and dining area is the central focal area of the camp, where guests can enjoy a drink or perhaps tea or coffee from the permanent tea station. Comfortable chairs and couches offer a relaxing oasis and the charming decor harks back to the times of the early African explorers.
The bush camp kitchen creates amazing dishes and meals, all cooked on a wood burning stove. From fresh breads & rolls & incredible main dishes through to delicate filo parcels and chocolate eclair desserts. The crocodile bread is a firm guest favourite.
• The main living area includes a dining, bar and lounge area with an open air fire pit with incredible view of the stars.
• Fully inclusive rate includes all meals & beverages, accommodation, activities, laundry and Emergency Medical Evacuation cover.
• All guests must sign our indemnity form on arrival in camp.
• Private vehicles can be arranged prior to arrival at an additional charge.
• Children over the age of 8 are most welcome, children at Hwange Bush Camp should be under the supervision of their parents or a guardian at all times.
• Children aged 8—12 years will be charged 50% of the adult sharing rate. Children over 12 years will be charged full adult rate.
• All children aged between 8—14 should be accompanied by one parent or Legal guardian in the room at night.
• The age limit for children on a walking safari is 12 years and above, however, this will be at the discretion of the Pro guide in camp.
Electricity and Charging Facilities
• Lighting and a fan in the tent are powered by solar. The entire camp runs on solar.
• There are inverters in the game drive vehicles for charging of cameras and electrical items.
• There is also a charging station in the dinning area that works when the generator is on to charge camera and electrical items.
• There are NO charging facilities in the tents.
Wi-Fi and Mobile Signal
• There is NO wifi available at Hwange Bush Camp.
• There is NO mobile signal at Hwange Bush Camp.
• There is NO currency exchange available at Hwange Bush Camp.
• We cannot accept credit / debit cards at Hwange Bush Camp.
• Best to bring US$ cash in smaller denominations.